Flowservices recently supplied 13 clamp- on flowmeters to a major Coal Seam Gas company in the Surat Basin working with coal mine-dewatering. A local electrical company had previously installed a number of mechanical meters. Whilst the cost was low they often failed after a short time in service. The problem was identified and attributed to the muddy water, high solids and abrasive action of the water.
HOW WE SOLVED THE PROBLEM for Coal Mine-Dewatering
- The customer did not want to shut off the remote pump stations Coal Mine-Dewatering.
- Flow transducers were clamped onto 350mm HDPE pipes with 20mm wall thickness.
- This allowed quick removal and simple re-installation on any future projects.
- Unnecessary tapping and entry into the pipes was avoided.
- Solar panels packs were installed to provide power to the meters.
- Maintenance will not be required as the transducers are not in contact with the liquid.
- Air locks in the system were detected and re positioning of the sensors allowed uninterrupted flow measurement.
Chat to the team who know flow about your application today! See if ultrasonics are for you.